Who is the concern about?
We can only investigate concerns about those professionals on the HCPC Register.
- A full list of the 16 professions that we regulate can be found here
- You can check if your professional is registered with us via our Online Register
We can’t consider referrals about professionals who are not registered with us.
- Not one of the professions regulated by the HCPC
- Using one of the titles of the professions we do regulate and is not on our Online Register (protection of title)
- We can’t consider complaints about organisations
I don't want to raise a concern
There are a number of other organisations who may be able to advise you about your concern.
Organisations who provide support
Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
A charity for patient safety and justice which provides free and confidential advice following a medical accident. They cover both NHS and private healthcare complaint procedures and can advise on referrals to regulatory bodies or legal action.
A charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most out of later life. They provide advice and support to over 60’s.
A voluntary organisation and charity which provides signposting and information for patients (both NHS and private) and supports them navigate the healthcare service.
A charity which provides emotional support to anyone in distress.
A charity for victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales which provides emotional and practical support.