How to renew
Continuing professional development (CPD) and HCPC registration
Your personal details and registration

Changing your contact details
The information we hold
Dual registration
Registration of Sonographers

Fees and payments
Professional indemnity
Promoting your registration
Returning to practice
Your queries / FAQs
Your online account
Meeting our standards
Guidance on social media
Raising and escalating concerns in the workplace
Fitness to practise
Appeals process
Leaving the Register
Practising outside the UK
Get involved
Home > Your registration > Your personal details and registration > The information we hold

The information we hold

When you register with the HCPC you give personal details on the application form such as your address, qualifications, date of birth, email address, home address, work address, etc. This information is important as it allows us to keep in touch with you, and keep you informed about changes to your registration.

We keep this information securely, and will not reveal it to any third parties. In addition, all members of HCPC staff must sign a data protection statement before they are allowed to process your details.

We will never share your personal information with a third party for their marketing purposes. We receive requests for statistics about the number of health and care professionals by, for example, age, area, or gender. We do release these statistics, but we make sure that no health and care professional can be identified.

The only information that we publish about you is your name, registration number, profession, dates of current registration cycle, approximate geographical area of practice, and any conditions on your registration. For more information about the information we publish, see this page: What the Register shows you.

It is important that you keep the Health and Care Professions Council informed of any changes to your personal details, so that we are able to keep in touch with you.

Name change
If you have changed your name you must send us a certified photocopy of the relevant document (eg marriage certificate).

Home address
We ask you to give us your main home address. This address is not published on the publicly available Register, but is required by us for all HCPC correspondence.

Work address
The work address you give us should be for your main place of work. Members of the public will only be able to see the approximate geographical area in which you practise (eg Guildford). If you are not currently practising you can leave this section blank and contact us as soon as you are able to give us a work address.

Telephone number(s)
Please provide us with your contact telephone numbers.

Email address
To help improve the service we provide to you, please tell us your email address. If you do not wish to receive communications from us by email, simply leave the space blank.

Please note that due to security reasons, we can no longer accept changes of address by email. If you wish to change your address, please call us on the number below.

Print  Print page