Health and Care Professions Council logo HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council
Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
+44 (0)300 500 6184

Seeking advice or information

If you are unsure about what to do at any stage, there are a number of possible sources of help including:

- colleagues;
- your manager;
- your employer;
- the Human Resources department for your organisation;
- your professional body or association; or
- Public Concern at Work (

You can also contact other organisations, if appropriate.

Public Concern at Work is an independent charity that provides free confidential advice to people who are not sure whether, or how, to raise concerns about practices that they have seen at work. If you employ or manage staff, Public Concern at Work can help you develop your own procedures to encourage staff to raise concerns.

Further reading

If you are considering raising a concern, you may also wish to refer to the following publications and advice:

Useful contacts

Public Concern at Work (PCAW)
Telephone: 0207 404 6609

NHS whistleblowing helpline (free advice for the NHS and social care)
Telephone: 08000 724 725

Care Quality Commission whistleblowing guidance for workers and service providers
Telephone: 03000 616161

Confidential Alert Line for NHS Scotland (provided by Public Concern at Work)
Telephone: 0800 008 6112

Related Documents
Confidentiality - Guidance for registrantsAdobe PDF Document171kb