Health and Care Professions Council logo HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council
Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
+44 (0)300 500 6184

How to raise a concern

If you need to tell us about a concern, you should fill in a member of the public referral form. There are two ways to send your filled-in form to us.

If you decide not to use the form, we need the following information from you when you raise a concern. You can send this information to the postal or email address above.

Information about you

  • Name
  • Correspondence address, phone number and email address

Information about the registrant

  • Name
  • Profession
  • Registration number
  • Work address (if you know it)

Information about your concern

  • A clear description of what happened
  • Where the event (or events) took place
  • The date and time period (or both) that the event (or events) took place

Information about witnesses

  • Name and address of anyone else who saw what happened

Information about the action you have taken

  • Details of any other organisation you have contacted about the matter (for example, the registrant’s employer or the police)

Supporting documents

For example:

  • notes you have made at the time of the event (or events) or soon afterwards;
  • correspondence between you and the person you have a concern about; or
  • correspondence you have received in response to raising your concerns with another organisation.

If you do not know the person’s registration number, you can check our online Register for confirmation.

We are committed to communicating with you as effectively as we can. So you should tell us if you have particular communication difficulties or needs so we can consider what changes we can make to our usual practice to best meet them. For example, we may need to use a larger print size in our letters or emails.