Health and Care Professions Council logo HCPC - Health and Care Professions Council
Park House, 184 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU
+44 (0)300 500 6184

How to make a request for information

If you are unable to locate the information you require on the HCPC website you can submit an FOI request for it. Requests must be in writing and include your name and contact details. Requests can be made by email to or by post to;

Information Governance
Park House
184 Kennington Park Road
SE11 4BU

We aim to respond to requests promptly and, in any event, within the statutory FOIA time limit (20 working days starting the day after a valid request is received).

Some information is exempt from disclosure under FOIA. Although the HCPC seeks to disclose as much information as possible, we will use relevant exemptions when we consider this is appropriate.


We aim to provide information in an electronic form free of charge wherever possible. However, we will charge for information in some circumstances, such as where only paper records exist and photocopying or postage costs in excess of £10 will be incurred in providing the information. More detail on charges can be found in the FOIA Policy (click here to download).

Personal data

You cannot make a FOI request for your own personal data. If you want to access your personal data this will be treated as a ‘subject access request’ made under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). More information on subject access requests can be found in our Data Protection Policy.

The HCPC must protect personal data in accordance with the DPA. If you are requesting information which forms the personal data of another individual, the HCPC will need to carefully consider its obligations under the DPA before disclosing any personal data in response to that request.


If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the HCPC you can request an internal review. An internal review must be requested within 40 working days of the date of the HCPC's response to your FOI request.

Requests for internal reviews can be submitted by email to or by post to;

Park House
184 Kennington Park Road
SE11 4BU

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of an internal review or with the HCPC’s handling of your request you can contact the ICO to request that they look into your concerns. The contact details for the Information Commissioner are:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Tel: 0303 123 1113